Friday, April 17, 2009

Entry 2907-Automations and Art

I love the mechanics of machines. Gears, levers, cams, pulleys, sprockets, rods, and all that “metally“ stuff just really makes me happy. What’s odd is that I really love SIMPLE machines, not complex ones like a car engine, nuclear reactor, or even a Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator. Sometimes simple is best. So with that in mind, I have been designing a series of “Automata” by utilizing stained glass butterflies and a series of simple cam and crank systems. As you can see in my design the gears are very simple. I am going to figure away to spruce them up as well and make an open system for viewing. If this works like I suspect. I will then design what I have been dreaming off and that’s a mixed media stained glass/metal/polymer dragon automata. Of course I have paying projects in line as well that come first…but I suspect some one would purchase some flying butterflies as well in the near future, or maybe even a flock?

 

Proff. P


 

P.S. Still looking for an assistant!







No comments: